> Rich,
> I've checked my php.ini files on my drive and all I've got is one.
>
> The php_gd2.dll file is in:
>
> C:/PHP/extensions
>
> There was no default folder called extensions when I installed
> PHP so I made
> a directory called extensions under PHP.
>
> Everytime I take out the semicolon in the .ini file, the page
> won't load and
> I've got to shut down Apache server manually.
>
> If I put the semicolon back in, the page loads fine.
>
> I don't have a clue.  Somewhere between the .ini file and Apache something
> is very screwed up.
>
> TR

You said in your earlier post that in your php.ini your extension_dir is set
to "C:\PHP\" - this is wrong it should be c:/php/extensions
If the extensions directory was not there and you had to create it manually
then where did you get the php_gd2.dll from?
The extensions sub-directory should be there for a normal installation - did
you install from zip?

Rich