At 01:48 02.03.2003, Dade Register said:
--------------------[snip]--------------------
>I know this is probably an easy question, but I am
>using stripslashes() on a textarea var, and I don't
>think it's working. It doesn't error, but in the
>testarea it doesn't seem to work. Ex:
>
>$var = "Thank's";
>$var = stripslashes($var);
>echo $var;
>Output = Thank\'s
--------------------[snip]--------------------

This can't work since there are no slashes to strip...

stripslashes() strips certain slashes from a string. Assume you have a
textarea where the user enters "Thank's", so PHP converts this to
"Thank\'s" (assuming magic_quotes is set to on). Using stripslashes() here
will get rid of these slashes.

BTW - the sample you've sent will output "Thank's" - what are you doing
what you didn't show?

--
   >O     Ernest E. Vogelsinger
   (\)    ICQ #13394035