Greetings learned PHP(eople),

There have been a number of postings recently on opening and reading
files, and whilst I have read `em all I fail to make sense of it all.

Basicaly...I have a text file with entries in it...I wish to display the
contents of this file line by line in an HTML table :
At present all I get is a table with 1 row and all the text in it in a
large messy blob.....

  <?php
   $handle = fopen("fopen.txt","r");

   echo '<table border="1"'."\n";
   echo '     <tr>'."\n";
   echo '     </tr>'."\n"."\n";
   //----------------------------------------
   //For each line in the file--------
   // while (fpassthru($handle));
   //{
   //Print them out to Table-----------------
   echo '    <tr>'."\n";
   echo '       <td width="15%"><font size="2">';
   echo fpassthru($handle);
   echo '</td></tr>'. "\n";
   //}
   echo '</table>';
   //fclose($handle);

  ?>

I have commented out those lines which fail and am stuck as to what the
correct syntax should be. I have read up on nl2br,fgets and other posts
on php.net, but ......harumphhhhhhhh....

Thanks

--
Chris Blake
Office : (011) 782-0840