on 04/03/03 5:37 PM, Phillip S. Baker ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> I would like to use PHP to make calls from a DB and generate a CSS file.
> Anyone have any ideas on doing this?

every day :)

PHP is some kind of programming language which is PARSED by PHP.  The result
is a TEXT FILE of some description... yes, even a CSS file.

How to do it depends entirely on your database structure and what you want
to achieve.

But a quick example:
---
<?
$textColour = 'FF9900';     // a var you retrieved from a DB
$bgColour = 'white';        // a var you retrieved from a DB
?>
P { color: #<?=$textColour?>; }
BODY { background-color: #<?=$bgColour?>; }
---

> Will php commands executre from a .css file or is there a different way to
> do this??

.css files will not *automatically* be parsed by PHP, however you can force
them through with either a .htaccess file, or by editing apache's httpd.conf
file to suit.

this is my .htaccess file:

<Files dynamic.css>
    ForceType application/x-httpd-php
</Files>

Or, you can just include() some CSS generated by PHP directly into your PHP
application, and it will just appear as part of the HTML source.

Justin French