On Tue, 7 Nov 2017, Vikrant Chauhan wrote:

> At https://php.earth/docs/general/difference-core-and-vanilla , the term
> "vanilla PHP" and "Core PHP" are clearly differentiated. But then, some
> other websites like
> https://www.tutorialspoint.com/php/php_core_vs_frameworks.htm provide
> unconventional definition of "Core PHP". I have written to the maintainer
> of tutorialspoint to fix their article but they are quite stubborn. They
> asked me to prove my statement and authenticity of the php.earth's article.
>
> As a solution, I am looking forward to the PHP maintainers to provide an
> official statement and clarification. Can anyone from PHP clarify what is
> the right terminology?

This is not an official statement - I doubt we really do these, but from
my point of view:

The PHP Earth article is accurate on "Core PHP".

Vanilla PHP *developer* and Plain PHP *developer*, are the same as well.

*Without* the word "developer", I would consider Vanilla PHP as "PHP as
distributed by the PHP team". Where as "Plain PHP" would also include
"PHP as distributed by Linux distribitions and *AMP versions, without
additional patches". (Some Linux distributions patch PHP, which I
wouldn't call "Vanilla").

However, the previous paragraph doesn't probably apply in the situation
that you're asking clarification about.

cheers,
Derick
--