Edit report at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=71333&edit=1

 ID:                 71333
 Comment by:         mspreij at gmail dot com
 Reported by:        egonfreeman at gmail dot com
 Type:               Bug
 Package:            Website problem
 Operating System:   Windows 7 x64 SP1
 PHP Version:        Irrelevant
 Block user comment: N
 Private report:     N

 New Comment:

> Apparently, the POST request targets
> <https://php.net/manual/add-note.php>

Which in turn is because of the base tag: <base
href="https://php.net/manual/add-note.php";>

If I change the action in the form tag to be the full URL, it works (at least,
the preview).

Comically I also got:
"Your note is too short. Trying to test the notes system? Save us the trouble
of deleting your test, and don't. It works."

As it was a preview nothing should need to be removed, and no, it doesn't :-p

Previous Comments:
[2016-01-29 21:19:07] c...@php.net

Apparently, the POST request targets
<https://php.net/manual/add-note.php> and is redirected as GET
request to <https://secure.php.net/manual/add-note.php>.

[2016-01-10 21:48:51] egonfreeman at gmail dot com

------------
As soon as I've filled the entry out, clicking on "Preview" or "Add Note"
results in the new page losing part of its address in the URI field, the editor
is gone and no report (eg. an error) is issued. The entire entry of the new
note is obviously gone along with the editor. No note is posted to the website.

Example of the URI being broken:

- before hitting any buttons on the form

https://secure.php.net/manual/add-note.php?sect=function.is-file&redirect=https://php.net/manual/en/function.is-file.php

- after hitting any button on the form

https://secure.php.net/manual/add-note.php

Bug reproduced in Mozilla Firefox 43.0.4 and Chrome 47.0.