Edit report at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=66653&edit=1

 ID:                 66653
 User updated by:    chealer at gmail dot com
 Reported by:        chealer at gmail dot com
 Type:               Bug
 Package:            Website problem
 PHP Version:        Irrelevant
 Assigned To:        petk
 Block user comment: N
 Private report:     N

 New Comment:

I just got the "Please enable cookies so the Captcha system can work" error
again filing #77351.

Previous Comments:
[2018-12-26 19:30:51] p...@php.net

Hello, thanks for reporting these. The Captcha system here relies on the
session_start() in the code[1] and on having enabled cookies in the browser.

I think I've just found how this issue happens, so stay tuned for a fix in the
following days... It happens due to a too simplistic captcha generation. Once
the report page is opened one captcha question and answer is generated (for
that browser tab). If user opens a new bug page (or report page) in a new
browser tab a new answer and question get generated and previous ones are wrong
and this strange error pops up. If you possibly spot any more on this issue
sooner than me, let me know please.

[1] http://git.php.net/?p=web/bugs.git;a=blob;f=www/report.php;hb=HEAD

[2018-12-26 18:50:14] chealer at gmail dot com

I just filed issue #77348 and had to go through...
ERROR:

    Please enable cookies so the Captcha system can work

...first, before seeing this bug a few times too. No idea if these bugs are
technically related.

I just tried posting this very comment, and went through the bug twice already.

[2014-02-06 04:01:13] chealer at gmail dot com

The experience I had when filing this report is similar to the one I had when
filing bug #66652. I also got several errors when filing #66652. 3 or 4, if I
remember correctly. It could be that I entered one incorrect answer once.

[2014-02-06 03:57:29] chealer at gmail dot com

------------
As reported in bug #33449, bug #53255 and bug #66393, CAPTCHAs on bugs.php.net
have been broken for as long as I can recall.

danielc fixed this in January, as can be seen in bug #66393. According to
danielc's latest comment there a few hours ago, the fixes had been deployed.
However, I experienced the same issue when reporting bug #66652.

The submission form I'm filling is "48 + 26 = ?" as challenge. My answer is 74,
and I am about to click "Send bug report".

---

I got an error. After clicking, the ITS said "Incorrect Captcha". It now says:

Solve this new problem:
24 - 3 = ?

I entered 21 as answer, and I am about to click "Send bug report" again.

---

I got a warning:

WARNING: YOU MUST RE-UPLOAD YOUR PATCH, OR IT WILL BE IGNORED

Are you sure that you searched before you submitted your bug report? We found
the following bugs that seem to be similar to yours; please check them before
submitting the report as they might contain the solution you are looking for.

If you're sure that your report is a genuine bug that has not been reported
before, you can scroll down and click the "Send Bug Report" button again to
really enter the details into our database.

Since I am sure, I am about to do that.

---

I got another error:
Incorrect Captcha

The form now contains:

Solve the problem:
23 - 19 = ?

I entered 4 as answer and am about to click "Send bug report" once again.