Edit report at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=67050&edit=1

 ID:                 67050
 Updated by:         le...@php.net
 Reported by:        adrien dot dupuis at gmail dot com
 Type:               Bug
 Package:            Website problem
 Operating System:   Irrelevant
 PHP Version:        Irrelevant
 Assigned To:        levim
 Block user comment: N
 Private report:     N

 New Comment:

This issue has been fixed and broken many times. At the moment, it seems fixed.
Closing out the issue.

Previous Comments:
[2018-04-29 20:48:19] c...@php.net

> Is there any part in particular that I should pay special
> attention to?

Yes, the third paragraph:

| […] The people who are going to help you with a bug you report
| are volunteers. Not only are you not paying them to help you, but
| nobody else is either. So, to paraphrase the immortal words of
| Bill and Ted, "be excellent to them".

Replace "a bug you report" with "a bug you want to get fixed".

[2018-04-29 15:26:32] teo8976 at gmail dot com

> However, I am still confident that it has worked and been broken in the past

It's possible that:
A) you are right, it's been alternatively fixed and broken in the past, and
that may be due to the fact that links from one part to another within a given
page used to contain only the "#segment" (e.g. href="#something", like they
should be) and then they have been changed to contain the full or partial
relative url of the page (e.g. href="this.page#something", which would break
the current js code, or href="http://different.domain/same.page#something";,
which would unnecessarily reload the page but work as expected, preventing the
bug from being observed)
B) OR you are wrong, it hasn't been fixed and broken, it just can be observed
intermittently, because sometimes the links contain a full URL that is
different from the one of the current page (like it links to a different mirror
domain), in which case the page fully reloads and the other part of the
javascript code, which executes at page load time, always work.

Either way, my previous comment [2018-04-28 18:14 UTC] points out the exact
cause of the bug and exactly what needs to be done to fix it permanently.

[2018-04-29 15:14:20] teo8976 at gmail dot com

> @teo8976, please read <https://bugs.php.net/how-to-report.php>.

Is there any part in particular that I should pay special attention to?

I'm not sure why you point me to a guide on how to report bugs, I didn't report
this bug.

[2018-04-29 00:01:43] c...@php.net

@teo8976, please read <https://bugs.php.net/how-to-report.php>.
Thanks!

For what it is worth, the most simple solution regarding jumping
to anchors on pages with a fixed menu at the top of the page, is
to set an appropriate margin-bottom for the *html* element.
However, that does not work well for jQuery[1] (I've never
mentioned any issue regarding vanilla JS, though).

[1] <https://github.com/jquery/jquery/issues/3676>

[2018-04-28 18:27:40] le...@php.net

Your attitude is unnecessary. Yes, we have problems, and yes, we've had them
for a long time. Open a pull request that fixes it without breaking other
things or just leave it alone and someone else, eventually, will fix it.

You are right; I was going directly to the link. However, I am still confident
that it has worked and been broken in the past; the solution is probably not
far off from what's there.

    https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=67050

--
Edit this bug report at https://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=67050&edit=1