Selon Luis Jorge Rocha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Congratulations about phpmybiblio project!

Many thanks !!!

> I work in a Technological Center for Metal Industry ,in
> Portugal (CATIM -
>, and we have a small library and we are
> consider adopt an Open
> Source Library System, but using the UNIMARC format.

> The question is, anyone use PHPmyBiblio in a real
> library?

This software is currently in use in a french library
located in Bueil (Touraine). People there seem to
appreciate it (one member of the devel team lives and works

>  Perhaps we can participate in creating a Portuguese
> version of phpmybiblio,
> if ok, how can we start?

Every contribution is welcomed... We've been working on
making localisation as simple as possible. Localisation is
based on XML files. All you'll have to do is to take one of
the existing language file (fr_FR.xml, en_US.xml, es_ES.xml
or it_IT.xml) and translate it to portuguese. The software
uses about 700 different messages to be translated. Some of
them are only a word and the others a phrase. Once this is
done, the language is ready to be added to the supported
language list.

There is also a small set of local datas describing some
things used by UNIMARC to translate (3 or 4 small files
in /includes/marc_tables/).

Translation process can be very fast this way.

Thanks again for your interest in this project. Please,
feel free to contact us for any question or comment about
this software and to blame my inconsistant use of english
language ;-)

François Lemarchand
homepage :
PhpMyBibli :