Question #62311 on phpns changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/phpns/+question/62311

Lannie confirmed that the question is solved:
I SOLVED IT!

Here is my left_news.php file for the headlines/titles only:

<?php
    $phpns['limit'] = '5';
    $phpns['script_link'] = 'http://www.orisplc.com/main_article.php';
    //include the phpns shownews.php
    include("news/shownews.php");
?>
The template shows the title and the subtitle only.  The title href points to
{article_href).  I had it hard coded to the main_article.php before but the
script_link now points to the correct file and the {article_href} inserts the
correct article number in the url.

The main_article.php file contains:

<?php
    $phpns['template'] = '10';

    //include the phpns shownews.php
    include("news/shownews.php");
?>

This simply uses the template I have setup to display the title and the
full article only.  No links or comments or pagination.

THIS WORKS wonderfully!!!!

thank you for writing such a terrific application.  It just took my
newbie brain a while to let it all sink in.

Lannie

Phpns-team, which is an answer contact for phpns.