Hey there,

Sorry for bringing up an old thread.  But, I am working through the
same issue right now.  Is the standing solution to grab the WSDL and
scrape out:

xsi:type="tns3:tBody"
xsi:type="tns3:tAddress"

from the generated WSDL so that Visual Studio can import it?

Is a more elegant solution possible?

Thanks,

Mike

On Feb 21, 9:05 am, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On 16 Feb, 19:02, "geoff w" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Sorry - as a follow-up when I relaxed the code so that the 'substring'
> > exception wouldn't get thrown Axis2->PHP/SCA worked.
>
> > On Feb 16, 1:11 pm, "geoff w" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > Ok - I gave Axis2 1.1.1 a whirl. I used the latest Axis2 Eclipse plug-
> > > in to generate the code and I got an error. On the following line of
> > > code with the 'substring' I get a
> > > 'java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException'. It appears that this is a
> > > breakdown in the generated code because the next line of code seems to
> > > be okay with the idea nsPrefix could be null.
>
> > >                 if (reader.getAttributeValue("http://www.w3.org/2001/
> > > XMLSchema-instance","type")!=null){
> > >                   java.lang.String fullTypeName =
> > > reader.getAttributeValue("http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance";,
> > >                         "type");
> > >                   if (fullTypeName!=null){
> > >                     java.lang.String nsPrefix =
> > > fullTypeName.substring(0,fullTypeName.indexOf(":"));
> > >                     nsPrefix = nsPrefix==null?"":nsPrefix;

> Hi Geoff, sorry, I missed these posts in my reader in a flurry of
> other stuff. So you are saying, with the exception of the problem with
> the generated code, your Axis->PHP/SCA test worked.  Thanks for that.
> Good news but we still need to sort out some way round the .Net
> problem without having to manually edit the WSDL.
>
> On the generated code problem. It seems that it is trying to find a
> ":" in an xsi:type attribute. I don't see any in the WSDL without a
> namespace prefix but maybe this piece of code has already processed
> them out. Anyhow, as you say It would seem to be coded to handle the
> fact case where there might not be one (which is a good idea :-) so
> I'm not sure what's going  here. If we fix the WSDL for the .Net case
> no doubt this will go away also.
>
> Simon

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading
the message and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full
responsibility for taking protective action against such code. Henry Schein is
not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It
is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else
is unauthorized.