On 5/11/07, Graham Charters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Simon, yes I did.  I had been assured that this would be ok because
> the 'development in a branch' approach is really only necessary for
> native extension code (because pecl4win always pulls this from HEAD).
> Let me know if you think the binding should go elsewhere.
>
> On 11 May, 14:48, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Nice Graham. Don't have any feedback yet but a quick question. Did you
> > mean to check it into HEAD rather than the branch?
> >
> > Simon
>

> I guess it's OK as we are just about to put another release. You are right
about the pecl4win thing so any php changes in HEAD will not affect the dlls
that people download. However as we have this rather strange situation where
we release from HEAD and develop in a branch rather than the other way round
HEAD is our live representation of the last release so if we have to make a
quick fix that's where we would do it. I guess we could make a branch from
the release lable if we really had to but that's starting to get
complicated. If we start developing code in two places it just gets really
complicated IMHO.