Hello,

Due to a lack of spare time, no rewriting is planed yet for PHPTAL.

In fact PHPTAL is so stable that I doesn't feel the urge of such a work.

The main problem is that I don't program using PHP anymore (except for maintenance). I switched to Haxe which is a strongly typed language with type inference and a lot of features PHP will never be able support.

I am thinking about giving the lead developer hat to someone else. If someone on the list is interested by this responsibility feel free to postulate here.

Regards
Laurent

Levi Stanley wrote:
Actually, I was wondering the same thing.

Best regards,
Levi

Werner wrote:
Hi!

Just an inquiry - I read on the motion-twin site quite a while ago
that a rewrite is/was planned for PHPTAL, to improve performance and
some internal library and object design. Is anything like that still
planned, is there a secret sandbox somewhere that we can tap into to
have a glimps at some unstable code?

Kind Regards,
Werner

!DSPAM:1,46eef4aa33921562617288!