I have a slightly related question. PHPTAL does not support HTML
output and it is sometimes needed. I do not like outputting xhtml with
html's content-type header to pretend it is html, so here is my
question: what is the best method for converting phptal's output to
plain html?
Currently I'm using simple str_replaces, I also tried DOM but I
couldn't find how to configure it to handle utf8 encoding properly. Or
maybe should I modify the engine itself?