On 7 Apr 2008, at 12:11, B. Kamer wrote:

Would it be possible to set caching options not from within the template but rather from PHP? I need to be able to do this because the engine that utilizes the template engine decides the caching options?

I've added such possiblity — check latest SVN revision (r340).

phptal:cache now allows variable name in place of number, so the following will cache for 3 hours:

$phptal->set('cache_duration', 3);  // variable's value must be integer

--
regards, Kornel