Hi, everybody.

I'm wondering if anybody's created or thought about a system for
documenting the PHPTAL templates themselves. It seems to me that, for a
project of any size, it would be ideal if each template could be
processed by a documentation engine that tells the developers which
variables/objects/arrays need to be passed into the template and how
they're used.

For example, if my template designer creates something like
tal:repeat="option options", my php developer would see a corresponding
line in the documentation saying that the variable 'options' needs to be
set, and it needs to implement the iterable interface...

I though maybe it could be achieved by hacking together some custom
objects to use in place of the standard PHPTAL_Php_CodeGenerator and
PHPTAL_Php_CodeWriter to generate documentation instead of compiled
template files.

After getting into the code, though, it looks like a bigger project than
I'd thought. So, I was wondering if anybody on the list has done
something like this, or has better ideas for communicating and
documenting the templates' functions.

Thanks for any advice you can give,

Jason