I think that CDATA is special enough as to have its own handler, I mean that
it should be equivalent to 'structure'. Since TAL should output XML valid
documents, having a way to specify a CDATA section seems logical.

ie: <script tal:content="cdata myJsCode"></script>
    <pre tal:content="cdata myExampleCode"></pre>

What I'm not sure of is how would it escape the cdata mark for 'script'
contents. Should it assume // is a common enough to use it as default,
should /* */ be used so it's ok also for CSS?

ciao,
ivan