On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 6:21 AM, Kornel Lesiński <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> On 10-11-2008 at 08:26:02 romtek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  I just used stripComments(true) on my template object but didn't see any
>> effect. The output still contained HTML comments. Does this method not
>> work or have I misunderstood its purpose?
> Comments are stripped before template it parsed. You may need to clear
> template cache (or just touch/modify templates) to force them re-parsed.
Thank you, Werner and Kornel. Forcing reparsing of the templates by touching
the files has eliminated comments in the output. And this makes me want to
make a feature request. I think that changing the way a template is used
(e.g. by modifying the _stripComments property) should trigger reparsing of
the template automatically.