Is there any guide step by step guide to integrate PHPTAL with Zend
Framework?

There's no official guide, as I'm not user of Zend Framework (I'd love if
someone contributed such guide!)

I have done it extending Zend_View,
but this way I do not have access to Zend Helpers.

From a quick glance at the documentation it seems that all you need is to
access to $this variable from template.

This can be easily done:

$phptal->this = $this;

and then in PHPTAL template:

${structure php:this.formCheckbox('foo')}

You could probably make it even nicer by writing your own expression modifiers:
http://phptal.motion-twin.com/manual/en/split/ar06s08.html

(e.g. ${structure checkbox:foo} is possible)

What about using PHPTAL cache instead Zend_Cache

PHPTAL's cache of compiled templates works fine on disk (it's best for opcode
caches), so I don't see any benefit of using Zend_Cache there.

It would be useful for phptal:cache though. Currently to do that you'd need to
edit PHPTAL/Php/Attribute/PHPTAL/Cache.php file (making it easier is on my TODO
list...)

and PHPTAL i18n instead Zend translation engine?

This can be done easily - implement PHPTAL_TranslationService interface by
wrapping or extending Zend's class and pass it to PHPTAL::setTranslator();

--
regards, Kornel