Not enough information was given.

It isn't a scoping issue.  From your previous email,  you were accessing
vanilla.nesting as if it was a public attribute in an object.  So if
your object was done like this:

class Vanilla extends IceCream implements ShoppingCartItem {
    public $nesting = 'yui-gc';  // default setting;
}

Then putting vanilla.nesting would work in nst's place in
"in_array(vanilla.nesting, array('yui-gc','yui-ge'))".

However, if your object is defined as:

class Vanilla extends IceCream implements ShoppingCartItem {
    public function nesting(){
       return 'yui-gc';
    }
}

Then you would have to refer to that function as vanilla.nesting().  I
hope that answers your question.

Best regards,
Levi

And have a happy new years.