On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 08:47, Alister Cameron
<alister.came...@cameroncreative.com> wrote:
> Now, can someone explain to me why the first line outputs the value of
> vanilla/nesting correctly, but the next line throws a PHPTAL error, saying
> 'Unable to find path nst in current scope'.

Because the error message is not about vanilla/nesting, but about nst var.
So - the condition tag is evaluated first.

> Also, the very fact that I have tried to define a special variable (nst) is
> that I can't get the PHP condition to recognise the value of
> vanilla/nesting.

There is no such thing as vanilla/nesting in php. There could
be vanilla->nesting or vanilla->nesting() or vanilla[nesting].
Which one of those is vanilla/nesting?

Maciej Łebkowski, http://lebkowski.info/kontakt.php