Hi again.
After an aborted attempt about a year ago, I am now making great headway on
a PHPTAL WordPress theme. This has been a bit of a "holy grail" project for
me, and as someone with limited experience with PHP, a big challenge.

Good news is I am getting through it and have overcome all the obstacles so
far.

I know that one of the questions I will be asked from the WordPress
community is about how big a "performance hit" PHPTAL will impose. To that,
I would like to be able to reply with some wisdom from PHPTAL experts :)

Can you please shed some light on what are "best practices" regarding
keeping PHPTAL "fast"?

For example, are there certain PHP expressions to avoid? Is there some
acknowledged ugly "syntax" that should be avoided? Should only on e template
object be used or does using multiple template objects for page components
make no real difference to overall performance?

These are the sorts of performance questions I have and am wondering if
there is any "agreed best practice" out there...?

Many thanks!

Cheers,

-Alister

PS. If there is anyone here with both a) WordPress experience and b) PHPTAL
expertise who would like to have a look at my theme -- especially to help me
refine and improve it -- I would love to hear from you.

---
Alister R Cameron
CEO // Australis Media Pty Ltd
http://www.australismedia.com