It's a fair point, though, that there are no real "tutorials" for PHPTAL, or
any note.

No videos, no step-by-steps, etc.

The manual is very bare for people who like examples and to be stepped thru

It's something I will address to a point with docco I create for my Vanilla
WP theme... as soon as I can get around to it!!