Modifiers and optional attributes don't mix - I'm sure it's a bug (I seem to recall it working at some point, maybe about 2 years ago, but I'm probably wrong). Consider this:

<input tal:attributes="value myModifier:inputObject/getValue | nothing"/>

As a sidenote: Modifier chains are not supported, right? Would it be a big deal to implement? I, for one, would find it extremely useful. I'm talking about something like this:

<input tal:attributes="value structure myOneModifier:myOtherModifier:inputObject/getValue | nothing"/>

Kind Regards,
Werner