Wow, this is really cool. Thanks alot!
I had the thought to write about it to the mailing list too, but I thought that it should be that way because it is in PHP.

No more tal:repeat="r_user users"!

Kornel Lesiński wrote:
On 28.02.2009, at 00:41, Richard Cernava wrote:

I've noticed that PHPTal places the repeat value variable in the ctx
object, which happens to be the same scope as all others
assigned to view.
[...]
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not considering standard php practice
is to make these variables non local scope. I do feel in PHPTal that a
repeat should have it's own local scope, at least for it's variable.

What is the opinion on this?

It's a bug. Each element should have its own scope, and assignment inside tal:repeat shouldn't leak outside the loop.

This is fixed in SVN.