Levi Stanley <l...@...> writes:

> Sounds like what you are describing is a Site / Page Controller?

I tried to explain the script a bit further to make clear how the skeleton
template is being used. It just defines the general Layout of the page. I wanted
to insert the actual content by making the skeleton template call macros whose
names are stored in an array which is passed to the template (one per content
area which the skeleton provides).

This works fine as long as the inserted content is e.g. a tag cloud of a blog. I
can just call the macro blog.html/tag_cloud. But if it is text stored inside a
database which I want to be treated as a part of the template (it might be a
text page that links to a blog entry whose URI could change, therefore I want
the link to be generated automatically), it won't.

The solution Kornel proposed would perfectly work as long as only the »main
content« of the requested page (which would then be the template I instruct
PHPTAL to parse and which would call the skeleton template as a macro) can be
such text. But that'd still be a serious restriction.