On 24-04-2009 at 08:19:41 CREATIVE0809 <trance_creat...@mail.ru> wrote:

My site use several locales in the same time. Encoding can differ from user to user.

UTF-8 would save you a lot of hassle.

That's why i'm wrote this patch.
I need simple way to set the encoding during script's execution, without reparse the template every time.

It won't be reparsed every time - PHPTAL caches parsed templates, and will have
separately cached copy for every encoding.

In v1.1 you could get away with invalid encoding at compile time as long as you
stayed away from Unicode, but in v1.2 I've fixed some bugs and added
optimisations that rely on proper encoding being known at compile time.

Please test 1.2.0 alpha and check if it works with your setup.