Is there a repository or library of modifiers for PHPTAL? I've see
that you can create custom modifiers, and the method looks pretty
easy. It would be great if there was some section of the Web site
where users can contribute modifiers for public usage.

Just as an example, I used Smarty prior to PHPTAL, and found a plugin
that replaces regular quote marks with "smart quotes"
( )

P.S. Thank you to everyone who helped answer my previous question --
it's working beautifully, and I can't wait for a stable release of

Jason La