Thanks Werner and Kornel...

I'll fix the omit-tag thing. A silly oversight.
Now, I've uploaded the raw and unprocessed template file to:

http://www.alistercameron.com/tal.tpl.txt

To clarify, this is a file that is compiled in a rather complex way which
has to do with how my WordPress theme is built... I'd rather not try to
explain.

However it's clear that if a person was going to built that file up
manually, they'd do it in a different order of slots, better organized, etc.
As long as the content is all there, I trust it's fine. Correct me if I'm
wrong.

As for the data, it's just nested arrays.

In the case of these "entries", the PHP there looks something like:

$html_data["entries"]["item-$id"][$fn] = $out;

And later executed like so:

$phptal = new PHPTAL();
$phptal->setSource($html_source, $file);
foreach ($html_data as $k=>$v) {
$phptal->$k = $v;
}

echo $phptal->execute();

Hence what you see in the var_dump...

Does that all help at all?

Cheers,

-Alister

PS... one thought... does that foreach above fail if I nest my arrays deeper
than just one level (as I have done)? Should it be recursive??

2009/5/14 Kornel Lesiński <kor...@aardvarkmedia.co.uk>

> On 14-05-2009 at 06:34:11 Alister Cameron <
> alister.came...@cameroncreative.com> wrote:
>
> > Could I bother someone to have a look at the processed cache file and
> > diagnose?
> >
> > http://www.alistercameron.com/tal.src.txt
>
> This code uses entry variable _after_ the loop (e.g. in
> id="post-${entry/the_ID}"). Do you have such code in your template, or is it
> miscompiled? Could you send the source?
>

> BTW: you have lots of divs with omit-tag="". It should be tal:omit-tag="".
> You can also use <tal:block>.
>

> --
> regards, Kornel

Alister Cameron
Managing Director
Cameron Creative Pty Ltd
www.cameroncreative.com

Creative, Strategic, Innovative... never boring!