I've tried to refresh look of the PHPTAL website a bit. A draft version is here:

http://new.phptal.org/

If you want to have a look at the code, it's in SVN:

https://svn.motion-twin.com/phptal/website

I welcome suggestions about the design, typography. I'd like some help integrating scripts&makefiles for manual and website together (svn exports + recursive make?)

Do you know a good way to get syntax coloring for code snippets? I've tried GeSHi, but it's unsuitable for highlighting of in-line code and doesn't support mixing of languages (e.g. fragment with PHP, HTML and CSS will have only HTML parts highlighted properly).

Is anyone going to be offended if website won't look pretty in IE older than 8?