Ok, allow me to elaborate a bit...

1) I like sites that are easy to read. Especially if it's of a technical nature, like PHPTAL. 2) I like sites that are center-aligned, and sites that can scale according to the viewport (like when I visit it om my mobile), or on my nice big monitor in the office. 3) I like sites that put the emphasis on the content, not on other frilly things, especially if it's of a technical nature. 4) I like sites with clear navigation, also showing you where you are atm, since a lot of people don't land on the home page, per se. 5) I like sites designed for the web, without shrapnel left overs from the print-based design era. 6) I just like to read a site without too much distraction from what I'm supposed to concentrate on.

All of the above is just my personal preference, as stated. I'm not a usability purist, just an everyday web user.

On the other hand, some colour would not hurt, I suppose, but I don't think it's necessary - I still like the way it's now ;)

Kind Regards,
Werner

Werner wrote:
Hehehehe - you're a tough customer :)

aaatoja wrote:
Ok, I can make it smaller. What would you change with the top?

Old site is pure and clean. When I first saw new one I thought "why is it so
sad"? There's too much gray (unless it symbolizes the dullness of other projects),
trifolium (?) should suggest live, bright and happy colors. I don't like transition
between top and content - it looks strange to me. I don't know - maybe there is missing
something to the left - some graphics, or maybe it's bad contrast. And I don't like hover
color.