Hi,

I have 3 radio buttons with the same name "gender" and the values "male",
"female", "unknown".

Now I want to display a saved dataset. I could set up a PHPTal variable, for
example $tpl->set("gender", $row['gender']). But I don't know how to use it.

That's why I store the dataset in an array and check it later. My radion
buttons
look like

<input
    type="radio"
    name="gender"
    value="female"
tal:attributes="checked php: view_Helper_isThisGenderChecked('female')"
 />

This will call a PHP function called "view_Helper_isThisGenderChecked", which
will
fetch the current gender value from the dataset object and compare it with the
given value ('female' in this example) and will return true or false.

This works, but I am not happy with this.

Does anyone know a better way? Maybe a PHPTal way?

--
Regards,
Igor