Hi All,

Not sure if this has been covered on this list before, my quick search couldn't find anything that seemed appropriate.

If I wish to display a $ followed by a tal variable using the inline syntax (ie. ${variable}) then I have to either:
a) put a space between the 2 $ signs; or
b) use a tag to spit the variable out; or
c) use a phptal_tales expression.

Eg. if I have a variable "amount" with the value 100, and I want to display is as $100 then I either have to do:
a) $ ${amount}; or
b) $<tal:block replace="amount" />; or
c) <tal:block replace="money: amount" />

Various attempts at escaping have failed. "$$${amount}" comes out as "$${amount}"; "$${amount}" comes out as "${amount}"

I know that there are workarounds, but surely there must be some way to do what is relatively simple? or is this a bug?

Cheers, Cameron.

Notice

This email and any attachments are strictly confidential and subject to
copyright.  They may contain privileged information.  If you are not the
intended recipient please delete the message and notify the sender. You should
not read, copy, use, change, alter or disclose this email or its attachments
without authorisation.  The company and any related or associated companies do
not accept any liability in connection with this email and any attachments
including in connection with computer viruses, data corruption, delay,
interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment. Any views
expressed in this email and any attachments do not necessarily reflect the
views of the company or the views of any of our related or associated companies.