Hello i've got a question and suggestion...

I am using CodeIgniter framework with PHPTAL and it works great, but there is
little problem with caching. I cant get a nice preformance boost because i
can't figure out how to check if template region was cached or not.

If there was some function like $this->phptal->is_cached($id); i could check
for example if news section is cached and if so i don't have to load database
class, and news model wich takes some time to load.

I hope you understand what i am trying to say.

Is there a way to work this out without hacking PHPTAL classes? With triggers
maybe, but i dont want to write a trigger for every template cached section.

Dont need the code just an advice maybe :)