First of all: good job! Congrats!

That will spread the usage of this great lib! :)

I've got only one question that could be useful for ZendFramework
integration (it's my case).
As you'll have to rename/move ALL classes and php files within the package,
try to place the PHPTAL.php file in a "top level directory" of the package
and all other files in lower level directories...
It's just a small issue with the Zend_Loader_Autoloader, but it would be
helpful :)

2009/12/1 Kornel Lesiński <kor...@aardvarkmedia.co.uk>

> PHPTAL has been accepted as official PEAR package!
>
> http://pear.php.net/package/HTML_Template_PHPTAL
>

> The good things:
>
> * It's been reviewed by PEAR team and they'll be keeping eye on package's
> quality.
> * It's got access to pear.php.net facilities, like bug tracker, roadmaps,
> releases archive, official installer, etc. I haven't prepared PEAR releases
> yet, but you can start using bug tracker now:
> http://pear.php.net/bugs/report.php?package=HTML_Template_PHPTAL
> * It will be hosted in php.net SVN repository.
>
> The bad news is that PEAR requires renaming of package from just "PHPTAL"
> to "HTML_Template_PHPTAL", which means change of all class names!
>

> Since I'm not too keen on having 3 times longer class name prefix, I've
> decided to use PHP 5.3 namespaces (PEAR2 package) for official PEAR
> releases. In PHP5.3 you can hide those long prefixes by aliasing namespaces.
>
> Of course I realize 5.3 isn't available to everyone yet, so I'm going to
> keep current backwards-compatible distribution maintained in parallel until
> PHP 5.3 becomes commonplace.
>

> Questions? Suggestions?
>
> --
> regards, Kornel