Hello all,
Please forgive a newbie question.

In the book _PHP In Action_ by Reiersol, the author demonstrates method
calls in PHPTal as a means of accessing variables. For ex.,

However, I have only ever seen examples of PHPTal accessing public
member variables or elements within associative arrays. Is the above
example valid?

Without having to use PHP syntax, can PHPTal access variables by using
getter methods like this?

Would it be possible to go step further, without going to PHP and say

I know I'm pushing the limits of template logic, but it's good to know
what is supported.