Hi,

Zend uses spl_autoload_register() as well I believe, so that should be safe.

The main problem I can see is that if there's an existing __autoload()
function, spl_autoload_register() will replace it (as stated in the
manual). I don't think putting the autoloader in a separate file will
make a difference.

This will probably require a change in the major/minor revision
number, so that developers are aware that it may break their code.

Best,
  Tjerk

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Robert Goldsmith <rgoldsm...@names.co.uk> wrote:
> No idea :)
>
> However, if you allowed for autoloading to be optional then if needed people
> could turn it off and replace it with an external system such as Zend's.
> Maybe moving the autoloader into its own file and telling people they need to
> require_once the file if they wish to use the phptal autoloader.
>
> Robert
>
> On 2 Jun 2010, at 10:25, Kornel Lesiński wrote:
>
>> On 02-06-2010 at 09:56:23 Robert Goldsmith <rgoldsm...@names.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I think autoloading is a good idea but please keep in mind that the app the
>>> phptal is being used within may already have autoloading configured. a
>>> prime example would be Zend.
>>
>> I've used spl_autoload_register(). Does it conflict with Zend?
>>
>> --
>> regards, Kornel

Tjerk