On 6 Aug 2010, at 10:35, Bas Kooij wrote:

> Thanks for the reply,
>
> So if I name the macro customMacro/customMacro the resolver would recognize
> it? But that makes the second part irrelevant for CustomResolvers right?

Right. If you use path customMacro/customMacro then resolver will get
"customMacro" as path to resolve. Macro syntax is path/macro, and resolver is
only for resolving paths, not macros.

If you used macros "path/macro1", "path/macro2", "path/macro3" then your
resolver would be called only once with path "path".

> Slightly off topic...
>
> I really love PHPTal, it has cut development time for implementing templates
> in half.
> The only time I get stuck is when I have to insert dynamic templates into my
> PHPTal template files. This is quite a common occurrence when clients use a
> content
> management system to edit pages. I want them to be able to insert some sort
> of
> tags in the CMS, ie. [DATE], which I can then replace with PHPTal code, for
> instance

This is what prefilters are for:

class DateMagic extends PHPTAL_PreFilter
{
  function filter($src) {return str_replace('[DATE]', '<span tal:content="date
| nothing" />', $src);}
}

$phptal->addPreFilter(new DateMagic());