On 06-08-2010 at 14:13:19 Bas Kooij <kooy...@hotmail.com> wrote:

It seems a little complicated to have to output another macro to get it to work. Anyway, thanks for all your help, I've got it all to work the way it should. Still think it's pretty complicated stuff for an essentially simple operation, ie. parse some TAL variable twice.

Yes, it is somewhat complicated, because PHPTAL is a compiled language. To be really fast it has to avoid parsing as much as possible.

ps. Something very different: is there a reference available to the Translator inside the templates, or do I have to provide one myself? (I can start a new subject for the archives if you want)
Again, I appreciate your time, sorry for all the questions.

I'm not sure what you're asking about.

If you're writing your own translation service, then it might be easiest to take PHPTAL_GetTextTranslator and modify it.