On 15-09-2010 at 13:04:09 GRolf <ger...@pictureparking.com> wrote:

I have records in a table that have a "status" field, which contains a status in 'code' (i.e. "NEW", "PENDING", "APPROVED", ...).

There is no conversion table for the moment

When outputting this, I'd like to convert this status code to some more human-readable form ('Awaits approval', ...). I have a vague memory of a suggestion to use i18n: to solve this. But I don't want to make it to complicated. All I need to translate is this one particular field, I'm not planning on installing gettext etc. If there is no easy solution, I'd rather run through my results in PHP first to convert them to the required output...

Any help?

i18n would be overkill for this.

$phptal->statuses = array('NEW'=>'New status',…);

tal:content="statuses/${status}"

or

tal:content="php:nice_status_name(status)"