Kornel Lesiński <kor...@...> writes:

> On 30-09-2010 at 15:45:46 Per Bernhardt <p...@...> wrote:
>
> > I would love to see this feature, too!
> > Was it no positive feedback or no feedback at all?
>
> http://lists.motion-twin.com/pipermail/phptal/2009-November/001967.html
>
> > Do you think it is hard to implement?
>
> It requires writing a mini compiler with parser that supports operator
> priorities. Maybe a bit more complex parser if it were to support php:
> modifier well.
>
> I've got basic parser already.
>
> > Does it break backwards compatibility?
>
> It would break compatibility with TALES paths that use spaces, but I
> presume those are very rare, and could be worked around by using
> "/foo/${string: part with spaces }/bar".
>
> > I would be willing to help with the implementation...
>
> Great!
>
> I think the next step would be to work out syntax exactly:
>
> http://phptal.org/wiki/doku.php/improvedtales

Hm, that page mentions a lot more than just logical operators. I guess that’s
what the negative feedback was about, not logical operators inside
tal:condition.

The main difference between PHPTAl and other template engines is that the syntax
is quite simple and that the templates look "clean". IMHO, function calls and an
equivalent to the ?: operator would add unnecessary complexity to PHPTAL and
spoil exactly what makes PHPTAL unique and great. Support for logical operators
inside tal:condition, on the other hand, would make the php: modifier more or
less unnecessary.

Regards,
Moritz