Does anyone have reason for keeping documentation in DocBook format?

It's getting on my nerves — xmlto, tool used to generate PHPTAL documentation,
is pain to install (triggers avalanche of dependencies), and DocBook markup is
inflexible and verbose at the same time.

I'd prefer to write documentation in Markdown.

Are there any volounters convert DocBook to Markdown (should be possible
semi-automatically) and write scripts that publish documentation from Markdown
in format similar to what's currently on the website?

https://svn.motion-twin.com/phptal/trunk/doc/