Miko Väli wrote:
When i worked with phptal+doctrine1 it turned out to be rather useful.
It made sure that everything got loaded by a single query instead of lazy loading (which executes a query per every property) something behind the scenes.
there are use cases where lazy loading is better way to go, now it isn't working.

but no, i'm not insisting (as if i can :) )
i'm perfectly happy with my patch, have been using it in production for over a year.
just thought it might be useful, to let you know that the problem exists.

While I agree that this kind of behavior is not the "correct" one, it is doctrine that acts "weird" not PHPTAL.

Just my two cents :)