On Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:22:52 -0000, Tjerk Meesters <tjerk.meest...@gmail.com> wrote:

Here's the problem; it throw an error, saying that the myns namespace
is not defined ... is that expected?

Yes (if I understood correctly what you're trying to do).

PHPTAL checks correctness of namespace declarations from perspective of source files, not the output (it probably should check output too, but that's a harder problem).

So if a file, looked at in isolation (before macros are executed), doesn't have required xmlns, that's an error according to XML.

I have a mixed feelings about enforcing XML strictness. It's sometimes annoying, OTOH it's a bit dishonest to call TAL an XML language when it doesn't play by XML rules.

regards, Kornel Lesiński