Quick update:

Unfortunately, I'm not having much luck in the direct DocBook to Markdown
search.  Most of what I'm getting out of google are similar conversation
without answers, and conversations on this mailing list back in 2010.

As for HTML to Markdown, Pandoc, http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc/ , seems
to be the de facto standard so I'm going to start off with that one.

Darrell Hamilton,
Software Developer,
4over, Inc
darre...@4over.com