On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 10:57:49 +0100, Mario Schroeder <m...@marioschroeder.com> wrote:

the Support for PHP5.3 Namespaces is even planned. Can you tell at what point this will be available?

I've had an experimental namespaced version, but decided not to switch.

1. PHPTAL has prefixed classes already, so it doesn't conflict with anything. There is no necessity.

2. Users are not expected to use many classes other than simply "PHPTAL" class, so aliasing does not really shorten any PHPTAL-using code.

3. Keeping backwards compatibility with pre-NS code is not trivial.

4. In general I'm dissatisfied with PHP namespace implementation:

http://pornel.net/phpns

--
regards, Kornel Lesiński