Dearest Terin,

You are correct that using XHTML as the output mode keeps the `xmlns`
attribute and also the g: as part of the element.  Problem is, I want to
use an HTML output mode.

However, The plus one API does allow you to load on a specified element,
which obviates the need for the `g:plusone` element so I can get around it
that way.

On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM, Terin Stock <terinjo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Andrew:
>
> You could probably setup a postfilter to remove the gplusone element and
> add a g:plusone element in  it place. (I believe I had a postfilter doing
> something very similar for FAR/AIM, it's probably still around.)
>
> For the pages in question, are you generating HTML pages or XHTML pages?
> As far as I know, namespaces aren't valid in documents that aren't XHTML.
> Can you see if switching the output fixes it?
>
> --
> #Terin Stock
>

> On Tue, Jun 12, 2012 at 11:19 AM, Andrew Crites <ajcri...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> It's known that when you have an element like:
>>
>>     <g:plusone size="medium" href="http://aysites.com/";></g:plusone>
>>
>> PHPTAL will throw an error ("There is no namespace declared...")
>>
>> You can solve this error simply by adding an `xmlns:g` attribute to the
>> element or one of its ancestores.
>>
>> However, if you do that, PHPTAL will emit:
>>
>>     <plusone>...
>>
>> and drop the `g`.
>>
>> This is a problem the script for the Google plus one button will not be
>> able to find the element since it's looking specifically for `<g:plusone>`
>> (apparently).  This problem is probably not specific to the plus one button.
>>
>> My solution is to have something like:
>>
>>     <tal:block tal:content="structure plusonebutton"/>
>>
>> And `plusonebutton` in PHP code is the invalid XML `g:plusone` element,
>> but this is ugly.
>>
>> Is there any way to have the element directly in the DOM and keep the
>> `g:` prefix in PHPTAL and still have valid input XML?
>>
>> Barring that, is there any way to have invalid XML in the input and have
>> PHPTAL skip parsing it and emit it raw (CDATA is escaped)?
>>
>> --
>> Andrew Crites
>> Chief of http://AySites.com/

Andrew Crites