"Francesco Dini" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello friends,

> I am a DBA Oracle and I will try to use PHP Weather with Oracle
> instead of mysql.

That would be very cool!

> I would like to know if somebody has done a change to sources for
> working with Oracle 8. Thanks a lot.

If you grab the latest code from CVS (or the latest snapshot - I've
just made one) you'll find a file '/db/db_mysql.php'. Use that as a
template, and modify the function-names so that they use those for
Oracle instead of those for MySQL.

I hope that you'll be able to translate the functions without too much

You're pretty much free to implement the various methods as you
please. They just have to return the same as the other db backends.

Best regards,
Martin Geisler

Checkout http://www.gimpster.com for:
PHP Weather => Shows the current weather on your webpages.
PHP Shell   => A telnet-connection (almost :-) in a PHP page.