This refers to the exportAsXml, which then points
to the internal _export function.  When I try a
very simple example

or

I get extra lines below the <node> children of
<root> and I believe it has to do with the last
"\n" that is added in the _export function.  I
took it out and it seems to work fine, because a
few lines up, we are checking whether more
children exist (and if so we enter a \n) so it
seems this line is unnecessary.  Now, I might
find that even this solution could cause a
problem, but the point it, it isn't right now, so
there must be some solution.

Later,

Dan