Sorry pal, but the spec is only part of DAVE WINER view of the world. Official
documentation is at xmlrpc.com

It has never been part of W3C, nor endorsed by the big names.
In fact MS endorses SOAP, while SUN has its own JAVA standards. And they all
are competing standards.

XMLRPC is the first-born in the world of webservices. It lacks a lot of
features, and trades them with simplicity.

There is NO DTD to validate an xmlrpc message against (the rules just don't
match).
There is no WSDL than can be used for an xmlrpc message.
Etc...